All writer's want someone to take a glance at their writing and give constructive criticisms. Be careful who you give your intellectual property to.
A couple of years ago, I took a course at Sir Sanford Fleming College, and the professor had a real liking for me and my written material. She gave me a tip or two about copyright law that I will share with you.
1. keep all your ruff notes.
2. keep the first draft - errors and all.
3. email a copy to a family member.
4. date stamp your intellectual property.
5. put a copyright on your blog and all written material.
If you happen to see your business plan for a game or any written material that is similar to your voice in print in a magazine, newspaper, on a blog or any where without your permission, this is when the lawyers can step in and do what they get paid to do - take care of your interest.
Hope this clear up some questions for you.
Smiles & Sunshine!