Unique Simple Design Home
simple design home of goodly interesting simple design home
Homeowners continue to be challenged by maximizing the smaller space within their homes. My client is no exception. In today’s economy, families often hesitate to consider buying larger new homes if they want more places for growing families or for their ever-changing needs. Most likely, the extra bedroom serves as a family home, rarely providing enough space for office needs, which may also serve as a guest bed or a smaller living room. Three of the most common challenges facing homeowners in small spaces are lack of storage, ineffective use of space and design.
I love sharing the ten design tips I’ve used successfully to bring a narrow and messy home office to a place where clients seldom visit:
* Consider the function first-Determine how the space to be used helps to centralize the arrangement of everything in space. Special table units made especially for your body type, height and movement reduce the dead space indoors.
* Eliminate the visual clutter-Keeping the pattern to a minimum and creating a focal point helps build a calm mood. Arrange the bookcase and slip a small miscellaneous item in a drawer or closet. Know when to use negative space (empty area) to mark certain items and when negative space must be occupied to complete the design.
* Updating lighting – Lights are essential for breathing life into the room. There should be a balance of ambient lighting, tasks and mood around the entire room to reduce the dark areas and draw attention to your focal point. It is also important to have proper lighting for reading and using computers. Wall sconces are the best way to set the mood for relaxing or watching television.
9c53a4dda6dc8297c3d50bf5b8bb4035 country home plans country homes
Simple Design Home
* Lift your eyes with a dramatic vertical – This is another trick to increase the space felt in the room. In the office it is natural to want to bring a rack to the ceiling to make more storage. Do not stop there Use artwork and window treatments to pull your eyes vertically upward to enlarge the space.
* Repeat colors for balance – If the strongest color is on the wall, repeat the colors on the furniture or accessories to expand the space.
* Add a conversation or a place to relax – Mentally just knowing there is a comfortable area dedicated to relax or rest from work makes you more productive and less anxious in the workplace. Seats should be tilted in a way that invites you into the room.
* Unify the conversation area with a rug.
Use floor space – Not put furniture in the middle of the room is a common mistake. Instead of opening up space, it really promotes a feeling of being spacious. Again, you want to be interested.
* Use large-scale items – Larger furniture and accessories are best. A lot of cranky little stuff. Limit the number of objects in the room that pay more attention to the type and placement of each item in the room.
* Think like a designer – Though its first function in office space, take every opportunity to create a harmonious and beautiful space. Choose a unique bin to add talent to your design. No items are too important to enliven your space. Make it a space you do not want to leave behind.
Following some or all of these suggestions will help you to design the home office you’ve always dreamed of.
Penny Law is an award winning Interior Designer with over 7 years of industry experience. He is committed to designing a comfortable, beautiful and lasting interior for his clients.
Other articles you might like;